Below are some resource documents and links that may be helpful to agencies that are working to become more trauma-informed.
Presentations and Explainers
- Create a Positive Trigger Loop — 8 explainer slides on ideas for self-care to improve your well-being
- Are We Becoming More or Less Violent? — A Data Brief Presentation from the 8th Annual Fall Trauma Conference on The Roots and Causes of the Perpetration of Violence, October 15, 2021 (PDF: 40 Slides)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study Videos — an “online collaborative learning” collection from the academy on Violence and Abuse (AVA)
- Addressing Trauma in the Child Welfare System (PDF: 37 pgs., 1.3 MB)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences One-Page Scorecard (PDF: 1 pg., 9 KB)
- ‘Between pain and nothing, I choose nothing’: Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Substance Use (PDF: 4 pgs., 74 KB)
- Birth Parents with Trauma Histories and the Child Welfare System: A Guide for Child Welfare Staff (PDF: 3 pgs., 111 KB)
- Birth Parents with Trauma Histories and the Child Welfare System: A Guide for Judges and Attorneys (PDF: 4 pgs., 111 KB)
- Birth Parents with Trauma Histories and the Child Welfare System: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals (PDF: 4 pgs., 123 KB)
- Caring for Children Who Have Experienced Trauma: A Workshop for Resource Parents (PDF: 11 pgs., 115 KB)
- Child Welfare Trauma Training Toolkit (Comprehensive Guide) (PDF: 44 pgs., 274 KB)
- Child Welfare Trauma Training Toolkit (Supplemental Handouts) (PDF: 158 pgs., 4.3 MB)
- Child Welfare Trauma Training Toolkit (Trainer’s Guide) (PDF: 144 pgs., 729 KB)
- Creating Trauma-Informed Care Environments: Organizational Self-Assessment for Trauma-Informed Care Practices in Youth Residential Settings (PDF: 5 pgs, 303 KB)
- Creating Trauma-Informed Child Welfare Systems (PDF: 60 pgs., 2.7 MB)
- Creating Trauma-Informed Services: A Guide for Sexual Assault Programs and Their System Partners (PDF: 12 pgs., 844 KB)
- Disaster Mental Health Fact Sheet
- Engaging Women In Trauma-Informed Peer Support (PDF: 86 pgs.)
- Enhancing Substance Abuse Recovery Through Integrated Trauma Treatment (PDF: 14 pgs., 1.1 MB)
- Factsheet on Trauma, Substance Abuse and Mental Health (PDF: 3 pgs., 58 KB)
- Helping Children Cope with Violence or Disaster: What Parents Can Do (PDF: 20 pgs., 262 KB)
- Helping Children in the Child Welfare System Heal from Trauma: A Systems Integration Approach (PDF: 41 pgs., 332 KB)
- Improving Educational Continuity and School Stability for Children in Out-Of-Home Care (PDF: 9 pgs., 459 KB)
- Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Domestic Violence…Connecting the Dots (PDF: 36 pgs., 618 KB)
- Models for Developing Trauma-Informed Services (PDF: 73 pgs., 434 KB)
- Model Shelter Policies (DOC: 3 pgs., 70 KB)
- Model Trauma-Informed Programs (PDF: 6 pgs., 41 KB)
- Organizational Change Manual ITTIC 2019 T-I (PDF: 195 pgs., 6.8 MB)
- Psychological First Aid for Families Experiencing Homelessness (PDF: 20 pgs., 3 MB)
- SBCS Case Study on Trauma-Informed Services (PDF: 30 pgs., 902 KB)
- Self-Care Wheel (PDF: 1 pg., 980 KB)
- Trauma-Informed Interventions for People Who Self-Injure, August 2011 (PDF: 11 pgs., 445 KB)
- Trauma-Informed Organizational Toolkit for Homeless Services (PDF: 100 pgs., 22.4 MB)
- Trauma-Informed Practices and AOD Treatment Outcomes for African American Women (PDF: 9 pgs., 60 KB)
- Trauma-Informed Practices and the Opioid Crisis (PDF: 60 pgs, 1.6 MB)
- 12 Core Concepts for Understanding Traumatic Stress Responses (PDF: 5 pgs., 183 KB)
- Beyond Trauma, Voices, Helping Women Recover, Helping Men Recover manuals by Stephanie Covington.
- Danger Assessment: A validated tool to assess for lethality in domestically violent relationships. Assessments available in English, Spanish, Canadian French, and Portuguese.
- inSocialWork Podcast Series: Trauma and Trauma-Informed Care Episodes. Free podcasts produced bi-weekly by the University at Buffalo School of Social Work.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
- ONTRACK Program Resources technical assistance, substance abuse treatment and prevention, and problem gambling awareness.
- SAMHSA’s trauma-informed technical assistance.
- The Seeking Safety Model.
- Through Our Eyes: Children, Violence and Trauma.