Santa Cruz Trauma Consortium
Trauma + Information = Transformation
Join the Santa Cruz Trauma Consortium! We are a collective of local Monterey Bay agencies that work with trauma-exposed populations and want to increase knowledge and competencies related to working with individuals with trauma within the public sector. The Santa Cruz Trauma Consortium (SCTC), founded in 2012, is now a collaboration between the California Center of Excellence for Trauma Informed Care and Positive Discipline Community Resources of Santa Cruz.
- Stay updated on the growing body of knowledge related to trauma-informed care!
- Build staff capacity to work with the complex issues clients struggle with!
- Connect with similarly minded agencies and improve collaboration!
- Participate in innovative and thought-provoking discussions, trainings and conferences!
Trauma-informed practice and approaches have been shown to improve client outcomes, increase staff morale, and rest in program effectiveness. The SCTC offers agencies locally-based opportunities to increase staff and agency trauma-informed practice and strategize on client and system issues in a strategic and collective manner.
- Equine Therapy by Jennifer Fenton, LMFT, The Equine Healing Collaborative
- The Transformative Power of Food by Nikki Silva, radio producer and podcast host, The Kitchen Sisters
- The Relationship of the Vagus Nerve and Vagal Tone to Chronic Pain by Lonna Larsh, MD, Roots of Health Santa Cruz
- Pain Management: A Doctor’s Perspective on Prescribing Medications for Pain During an Opioid Epidemic by William Morris, MD, hospice & palliative medicine specialist, Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Yoga for All Movement: Tension, Stress, and Trauma Healing Exercises by Maria Alfaro, E-RYT, TRE™ Trainer, TRE California
2020 Santa Cruz Trauma Consortium Participating Associates
- 7th Avenue Center
- California Center of Excellence for Trauma Informed Care
- The College of Botanical Healing Arts
- Consumer Survivor Member
- Dominican Hospital
- Front Street, Inc
- Haven of Hope
- Homeless Garden Project
- Hospice of Santa Cruz County
- Housing Matters (formerly Homeless Services Center)
- Janus of Santa Cruz
- Lela Carny, Somatic Experiencing Therapist & Acupuncturist
- The Lotus Collaborative
- Monarch Services – Servicios Monarca
- Monterey County Bienestar Clinic
- Positive Discipline Community Resources (PCDR)
- Santa Cruz County Public Health
- Sienna House
- Survivor’s Healing Center (a program of Family Service Agency of the Central Coast) FSA/SHC
- UCSC Counseling and Psychological Services
- Walnut Avenue Family & Women’s Center
- Warming Center
Membership is on an agency basis. Responsibilities include prompt payment of the annual membership fee (currently $75/year), willingness to host (or co-host) a meeting semi-annually and identification of a staff member to serve as main point of contact. Several staff can attend our bi-monthly meetings and can invite local agency representatives to any meeting.
- Four quarterly meetings on a rotational basis with an interesting professional development topic from local experts
- Annual Fall Trauma Conference
- Regular communications related to trauma-informed care
- Networking with the local community to improve services and collaboration
To join or for more information, email Gabriella Grant, Director, California Center of Excellence for Trauma Informed Care, at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Santa Cruz Trauma Consortium” on the subject line, or leave a message at 831-515-7570.